Second-hand shops are good for the world. By reducing the need for the manufacture of new items, resources like electricity and water are preserved. Donating to second-hand shops like Boysville Auxiliary Thrift Store keeps millions of pounds of usable items out of landfills and helps support children in crisis.
We have suspended furniture donation pickups until further notice; however, we will accept furniture drop offs during Donation Center operating hours. (Excludes 5/22/2020 and 5/29/2020)
Donation Center Hours: Wednesday-Saturday 11AM-4PM Beginning June 3rd
We appreciate your donations. Below is a list of items we can accept, and a list of items we CANNOT take.
Boysville Auxiliary Thrift Store gladly accepts donations of new or gently used:
- Clothing (All Sizes) - Shoes (All Sizes) - Jewelry (Real or Costume) - Furniture
- CDs, DVDs, Records- Antiques - Collectibles- Home Décor - Dishes - Cookware- Bed Linens
- Towels - Accessories- Purses/Handbags- Pet Supplies - Walkers/Canes- Toys/Games
- Video Games - Books/Magazines- Art- Frames/Albums - Office Supplies- Bicycles
-Small Appliances - Electronics- Flat Screen TVs- Rugs - Tools- Sewing Supplies
- Musical Instruments
We cannot accept the following items:
- Mattresses or Box Springs- Decorative Pillows, Bed Pillows or Mattress Pads- Safety or Bicycle Helmets - Protective Gear- Major Appliances- Cribs, Car Seats, Playpens - Large Floor Copiers
- Large Desks- Skis- Heaters/AC- Garbage Disposals or Water Softeners -Electronics (TVs, Speakers, Receivers, etc.) -Kitchen Appliances (Blenders, Coffee makers, Toasters, etc.)
-Stuffed Animals-Visibly Dirty Items